You ever get those random ass cravings and cook something on a complete impulse? Yeah that was me with this chilli. Literally craved it on a hott summer day and immediately whipped up a big pot of it. Don’t ask me why I felt the need to eat a comforting, hott, filling bowl of chilli when it was plus 30 but hey, I’m human. Plus it lasted me all week and tasted delicious, sooooo am I really that crazy? Nah.
I am obsessed with this recipe because of all the protein, fibre and spices that’s in it which leaves you full for hours and warms your damn soul.
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 can canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 16 oz can kidney beans
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can chickpeas
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place the turkey and cook evenly until brown. Once turkey is brown, stir in the onion.
- Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas, and garlic. Season Chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 mins.
- top with low fat shredded cheese, plain greek yogurt, avocado, taco chips or cilantro
- ENJOY. You’ll thank me for posting this
More recipes to come, stay tuned!